8.12.22

A Vision

 

The Summons

Such harrowing cries having reached me, of concern, sadness: I shall respond.
Once summoned, oh, I shall come soaring, soaring; I’ll make quite an entrance...

A Goddess?  -Mmm, but neither a Fury nor a Fate. 
An Angel?  -Mmm, but neither Avenging nor Fallen.

I am Aletheia, Spirit of Truth.

It has been a while; time I visited to see the state of things.

Nothing ’divine’, no annunciation, resurrections, 
tablets of stone, burning bushes, scrolls to decipher.

My quest is to re-balance, to assist the fair-minded and the far-sighted.


The Mission

I’ll see whether humans have been good shepherds, proper guardians.

I’ve no interest in traditions, cultures, pantheons, ceremonies, only their effect 
for good or ill on your habitat: your waters / forests / fellow creatures.

I shall observe, make a remedial plan, then, with cleansing sword, purge the worst atrocities.

The despoilers....who damage your natural resources, upset / deplete your home 
and harm the beings living there, will perish.

Those having empathy are appreciated; those not, have had their time. 
Those guilty of arrogance, hubris, will know my displeasure.


The Warnings

Humans eating their fellow creatures will be transported, incarcerated, 
humiliated, tortured, killed. Repeatedly.

Those inflicting cruelty on other species by extracting something from them 
for quack ‘medicines’, will likewise suffer.

Those who terrorise, exploit, ridicule animals in sadistic ‘sports’ or 
obscene ‘entertainments’ will also follow this path.

Drug dealing, arms dealing ceases; along with industrialised farming, factory ships, 
hunting, trapping, skinning, poisoning, the abomination of vivisection.

No flood, conflagration, lengthy court proceedings, arbitration.
I shall dispose of all quietly, efficiently, to see if things may be got back on track.


The Arrival

Drawing near, I see the great forest of Hercynia is no longer.
I’ll start there, then visit rivers, lakes, mountains, woodlands, valleys, deserts, steppe.

All will be noted, justice dispensed.

I am Aletheia, Spirit of Truth. I shall come soaring, soaring.

I will silence the proud and dispose of the wicked.
My quest will reveal the inauthentic and dispatch the malicious to the cliff’s edge.

Though I spill blood all around me, my sword will remain forever clean.


Peter Jennings
East Sussex
December 2022

The Music Video of this work is at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjgmg8BOOrY

No comments:

Post a Comment